Bridging the gap (btg) Interpreter training
This 64-hour course, offered through the Cross Cultural Health Care Program in Seattle, prepares bilingual individuals to work as interpreters in hospital and clinic settings. It covers topics ranging from roles and styles, ethics, vocabulary, and advocacy techniques in interpreting. LAMP is the only agency in St. Louis with licensed Bridging the Gap instructors.
What does it cover?
Bridging the Gap participants will learn:
- Interpreter roles
- National codes of ethics
- Interpreting skills practice
- Culture and its impact on interpreting
- Introduction to medical terminology
- Health disparities
- Considerations for interpreting for LGBTQIA communities and in mental health settings
why Bridging the gap?
Bridging the Gap is a well established and trusted medical interpreter training program in the United States. LAMP’s all-inclusive pricing covers:
- Language proficiency assessment
- 64 hours of training, which meets the national medical interpreter certification prerequisite for both the CCHI and the NBCMI
- Textbooks: Bridging the Gap Textbook for Medical Interpreters, bilingual medical glossary, and mental health glossary or Guide to Common Medications
- Signed and individually numbered Certificate of Completion.
Talk to us…
Still have questions or concerns? Learning more about your unique needs is the best place to start. Fill out the contact form below to get the conversation started!