Collectively, LAMP onsite interpreters are fluent in over 45 different languages including Spanish, Arabic, Somali, Vietnamese, and American Sign Language (ASL).
In-person communication is almost always the best practice that providers can use when working with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) or Deaf and hard of hearing individuals, making it the preferred interpreting method for our clients.
Interpreting can be done in a few different ways.
- Simultaneous interpreting, which is complete, word-for-word translation at near speaking speed.
- Consecutive interpreting, which divides speech into smaller sections at a time for translation.
- Whispering interpreting, in which the interpreter whispers the translation into the individual’s ear at near speaking speed.
- Summarization, which involves condensing the spoken information to provide overall meaning.
- Sight translation, or the oral translation of a written text or document.
To request information about LAMP interpreting services, submit the online request below.