HR Intern (St. Louis)
Location: St. Louis
Salary Range: $16 – $17 USD* per hour
The role primarily involves maintaining compliance and strong organization of Human Resources related processes, documentation, and employee lifecycle tasks, as well as supporting employees with HR-related inquiries. This position will also provide strong learning and networking opportunities like attending meetings, employee relations meetings, and more.
- St. Louis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Updating company databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Screening potential employees’ resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Assisting the HR staff in gathering market salary information.
- Assisting in the planning of company events.
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
- Coordinating new hire orientations.
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven experience working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work well with people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds and must be comfortable working in demanding situations
- General computer skills and knowledge of MS Suite / Office programs
Position Type: Part-time
Our interpreting and translation work makes a wealth of necessary services accessible to both Limited English Proficient (LEP), deaf, and hard-of-hearing individuals. These services, along with our additional education and training opportunities, strengthen the capacity of other organizations to meet the needs of the diverse populations they serve. The partnerships we provide together with local institutions are life-giving and, in some circumstances, life-saving.
LAMP is a nonprofit organization and part of Catholic Charities Foundation of St. Louis. Proudly serving our region by providing high-quality, professional language access services for more than 25 years.